Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sivaji - The BOSS!

OK, this is 100% digression! I am going to check out Sivaji - The Boss! tomorrow. Hell, I can’t believe I am so excited! I am going with a bunch of hooligans, who i know will leave no stone unturned to make our presence felt. The last time, they brought camphor and pumpkins to show in front of thalaivars small poster :)) There were a couple of Americans who came to see Chandramukhi and they looked so perplexed, that no amount of explanation could have helped!

I am wondering what makes Rajni special. He started out as a conductor, got into movies and created an enigma that nobody else can dream of! A ticket`s price here in Atlanta is 25$ and all tickets for the next couple of days are sold out! He is no hunk, he can’t shake a leg, his dialogue delivery is flawed, but everything can be overlooked. Makes me understand Brand power - you create a brand, a certain personality, a certain quality over time and rest assured, you SELL!

Anyway, I have always been a huge fan of Rajni. How can i forget his Baasha or his Thalapathi or his Oruvan Oruvan from Muthu? I am glad I got a ticket to watch Sivaji before most people watch it back home in India.

Check back here for the Review..!
Until then, Sivaji - here we come!!!

No comments: