Sunday, June 24, 2007

ARR`s Magic In Atlanta!

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent - That’s what a soul stirring "Pray for Me Brother" does!

Last night, I hung out at the Philips arena for a glimpse of A R Rehman - The God of M U S I C!

I cannot speak anymore and it appears like the veins on my left hand have come apart. I clapped and awed and cheered like I have never done before, and so did the 5000 odd folks packed inside the arena!

ARR picked some of his classics like Humma Humma, Vande Mataram, Roja Jaaneman, Chanda Re and they were all renditioned in perfect rhythm. Sivaji Songs literally made the crowd go berserk!

ARR played to the crowds - I would have loved to hear his more melodious compositions. I mean a 'Vellai Pookal' or 'Dekho Chodke' or ‘Hum hain Is pal’ could have made the night even prettier!

I also staged a fight to meet with ARR. I reached downtown Atlanta as early as 5 for a show that was going to start at 9. I even got through a few doors with some nicely made up statements, but I was stopped when I was just a few meters away from meeting my HERO….! With a binocular, a huge camera and an ever bigger back-pack, did they think, I was some suicide bomber? Heck!!!

Anyway, I had a blast last night, though I would have loved if ARR had given us more of his true self – the 'melody', the 'silence', the music that is capable of washing off the dust from the soul!

Well, Real musicians and real fans stay together for a long, long time.
I for one, am a real fan and will continue to be! Amen!

No comments: